The Dubuque Regional Humane Society (DRHS) continually strives to find new and innovative ways to keep pets with their families. Financial difficulties due to job loss or a change in family status are among the top reasons why owners surrender pets to the DRHS. A pet food pantry has been established to temporarily assist families in need.
“One of the goals of the DRHS is to keep pets in their current homes.” said Maria Benham, President and CEO. She adds, “The Pet Pantry is one way we can help make this possible for people facing temporary hardship. We are delighted to carry forward the generosity of the community to help animals and families in need.”
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
We welcome monetary donations of any amount to purchase supplies for the pantry. Click here to make a donation. We also accept donations of unopened bags of dog and cat food, and kitty litter for this new program. Monetary and other donations can be dropped off during our operating hours, which are Tuesday through Friday from 11 AM to 7 PM, Saturday and Sunday from 11 AM to 5 PM. We are closed on Mondays.
HOW CAN I SIGN UP?
Families in need of assistance can pick up an application in our lobby.
CLICK HERE to download the Pet Pantry Application.
PET PANTRY RULES:
- Must live in the Tri-State area (Dubuque County, Grant County, Jo Daviess County)
- Provide photo I.D. with current address
- Valid and working phone number
- Must be owner of pet for a minimum of 3 months
- No pets can be added after application is submitted
- No more than 100 pounds of dog food each month
- No more than 40 pounds of cat litter and 25 pounds of cat food each month
- Approved applicant is eligible for 90 calendar days each year
- The DRHS reserves the right to do a home inspection
- Pets must live in the home
- Excludes farm cats, stray cats and community cats
- The DRHS reserves the right to deny application for any reason
- The DRHS reserves the right to discontinue this service for any reason
- Selling food, trading food or lying about pets will result in immediate and permanent removal from the program
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you would like to find out more information about the Pet Pantry, please give us a call at 563-582-6766, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.